Sunday, May 3, 2009

Muslim Monday-The Book I Like

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters ...

here i am back to join Muslim Monday after geting behind with some topics here. i see the theme for this monday about the book we lik
e ias a quite interesting topic, as i will know the books my friends read there and i will share the book i like here and can be a worth reading book.

you all may know the best seller book in Middle East and of course in my country, Indonesia, witten by a prominent Saudi muslim scholar Dr. Aidh bin Abdullah al-Qarni, entittled "La Tahzan" or "Don't be Sad".  I like this book because i feel equanimity when i read this chicken soup for soul-style book.


the book show me how to be happy as a Muslim and enjoy the life and thank it that Allah give us a such beuatiful life for us. the book guide us how to cope with all the difficulties in our daily life and see our weaknesses and our deficiency as humand kind in a perspective of Islam. In short, when i read this book i feel so close to Allah swt and i
always thank Him for a good and bad, joy and sorows i have been through.



Al-Qarni wrote the first 100 pages of  La Tahzan in prison. The book has printed in 29 languanges and has sold 1.5 million copies around the globe. Al-Qarni, born in south Saudi, is not only a well-known muslim scholar buat also a productive writer, he has written about 80 books.

6 comments:

  1. interesting sis, you picked the same book as Amira, but in a different language, now I really want to read it.
    http://maryam070.multiply.com/journal/item/542/Muslim_Monday-A_book_related_to_Islam_that_I_like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best seller I've been talking about in Amira's page...a very good book indeed, nice choice, sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wa alaikum salam
    You picked the same book as me, it is a great book mashaAllah. I really need to finish it lol, I just never got around to it, but just the first couple of pages can make you feel so good inside mashaAllah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing two people pick this book also makes me want to read it. Interesting that he wrote it from prison.

    http://tieyourcamel.multiply.com/journal/item/160/Muslim_Monday_-_Book_related_to_Islam_that_I_like_

    ReplyDelete
  5. am already read thats book, it's good to keep our faith to Allah SWT.

    ReplyDelete