Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thi is wHo I am, Who Are You?

have you ever been confused and to get stucked when you are asked "who you are?" some people really cannot indentify themselves or even do not know who really he/she is a humankind. but for muslims, what Hassan Al-Bana describes himself can be an inspirational answer when somebody or we ask ourselves who i really am ...



"I am a traveler seeking the Truth, a human searching for the meaning of humanity, and a citizen seeking dignity, freedom, stability and welfare under the shade of Islam. I am a free man who is aware of the purpose of his existence and calls, truly, my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death, are all for Allah, the Cherisher of the worlds; He has no partner. This I am commanded and I am among those who submit to His Will. This is who I am. Who are you?"

Hassan al Banna,when once asked by a journalist to introduce himself



jumua'ah Mubarakah dan have a blessed weekend to all my beloved friends


*pic from here.

5 comments:

  1. When I was in Libya I was said that I'm not Libyan as my parents are not libyan....I'm "Indian" more specifically "bangladeshi"....
    When I went to Bangladesh I was told that I'm not a bangladeshi as I was born in a foreign country!

    and now when somebody asks me "where I'm from".....my answer is "I was born in Libya, citizen of bangladesh and at present in UK, just make your pick according to your definition"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that I did manage to startle a few unsuspecting souls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. He uses wonderful words to describe himself.
    I would say, depend on whom asking me who am i?, I am a human who deserves and struggles to be a human. A man of no stop and a man of respect and love. A man of loyalty and honesty. A man who knows Islam the best of living peacefully and who believes Islam is the most powerful inspiration to deal with life properly.
    " I just write constantly."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found that who I am, I am a man who is hungry for knowledge & truth. A man who can devote his life to others, a man who doesn't afraid of his death because its obvious we are born to death and one day we all have to leave this world.

    I am a man which is no more a man but a tool, a tool which will be used for the betterment of my society.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i believe that you are all wonderful persons ... i am proud to be a part of you as a friend ... my kind regard to you all ...

    ReplyDelete